Veritas | Textured Blade for Scrub Plane, 2 Flute, Medium, A2 Steel
Veritas has become a leader in product development, more than meeting the needs of discerning woodworkers. The Veritas team combine talent with modern manufacturing to make each Veritas product your lifelong companion.
- After Veritas introduced their Scrub Plane, they were surprised to learn that customers were using it not only for rough stock removal, but also for final finishing – using the aggressively cambered blade to give surfaces a rough-hewn, rustic appearance
- While the 3" radius blade supplied with the scrub plane is well suited for larger-scale work such as flooring or beams, it is oversized for cabinets and smaller furniture
- This is why Veritas Tools created these texturing blades
- The wave-like blade flutes cut multiple small grooves with each pass, letting you create a surface finish that would normally require repetitive, painstaking work with a gouge
- The Four-Flute Fine Blade has 1/8" radius edges; the Two-Flute Blade has 3/8" radius edges and the bevel angle is 35º
- Each A2 tool steel blade is 6" long, 1-1/2" wide and 3/16" thick