Veritas has become a leader in product development, more than meeting the needs of discerning woodworkers. The Veritas team combine talent with modern manufacturing to make each Veritas product your lifelong companion.
DX60 Block Plane
Made to exacting standards with refined stainless-steel hardware, this is one of our finest planes.
The knobs and wheels have elegant elliptical knurled edges for a firm grip. The lever cap has been extensively redesigned to integrate cleanly with the plane body and provide an almost continuous hand-contact surface, with tactile cues for finger placement. The Norris-type adjuster mechanism combines feed and lateral adjustments, making blade setting accurate and easy. Close manufacturing tolerances reduce backlash to no more than 1/4 turn. The adjuster is locked to the body, and will not become inadvertently unseated.
Mouth adjustment is effected by loosening the stainless-steel locking knob. An unobtrusive set screw in the throat of the plane allows repeatable mouth positioning while at the same time preventing the moveable toe from contacting the blade. The toe is completely enclosed by the body casting.
- Made from ductile iron, the contoured body is 6 5/8" long by 1 3/4" wide with a 12° bed angle, and is finished with a durable powder-coat polymer paint
- It is machined and surface ground to half our normal flatness and surface finish specifications; the sole and sides are flat and square to within +0.000" and -0.0015" over the entire surface
- It comes with a 9/64" (0.14") thick by 1 3/8" wide blade with a 25° primary bevel in A2, O1 or PM-V11 tool steel
- The back of the blade is lapped flat within ±0.0002" (two-tenths of a thousandth of an inch) in the working area of the blade
- The lever cap is die cast
- Made in Canada