Veritas | Dual Marking Gauge
Veritas has become a leader in product development, more than meeting the needs of discerning woodworkers. The Veritas team combine talent with modern manufacturing to make each Veritas product your lifelong companion.
- With two independently adjustable rods, the Veritas Dual Marking Gauge allows you set two measurements at once, so you can quickly alternate between them when transferring or marking repetitive dimensions
- Projection up to 5-3/4" is easy to set, since an internal O-ring keeps light but constant friction on each rod; a thumbscrew locks the setting
- The hardened steel wheel cutters scribe perfectly at any point of their circumference
- Since they cut wood fibers rather than tear, marks are clean, even on cross grain
- The cutting wheels are oriented with opposing bevels, ensuring that you can always set the bevel in the waste side of a cut
- One rod has its cutting edge at the extreme end of the rod, making it useful for transferring dimensions such as tenon shoulder and mortise depth
- Each cutter can be retracted into the brass face for safe storage or to permit use with a single cutter
- The eccentric placement of the rods ensures a large reference face and helps the gauge resist rolling on a surface
- The gauge features an aluminium housing with brass face and stainless-steel rods
- Overall length is 7-1/4"
- Designed to fit onto the gauge's guide rods, the optional shaft clamp lets you lock the relative position of the cutters while still being able to freely adjust the fence for offset
- This allows you to preserve identical mortise or tenon sizing when joining parts of different thicknesses or when adding a reveal, since it prevents the cutter settings from shifting while the fence is being repositioned
- Machined to precise tolerances to prevent binding on the rods, the 1/2" long collar is made from extruded aluminium, with a turned brass thumbscrew that tightens onto the marking gauge's steel guide rods without marring their surfaces