Tork Craft | Polishing & Compound Kit | TC804901
Save R 0.00
- The kit includes a polishing buff and 5 solid polishing compounds
- The compounds are used with various metals
- It can be used to remove stretcher strains, orange peel, polishing wheel grit lines and light die marks etc
Spare polishing compound is available for the kit: TC04904
How to use the compounds and the buffing pad:
- The adaptor is used to hold the buffing pad in the drill's chuck. Fasten the correct buffing pad in the adaptor
- It would be best to use a drill press to polish metals. If a drill press is not accessible, use adaptor TCV01810 with a portable drill with a collar diameter of 43mm. Tighten the adaptor in the drill's chuck
- The buffing pad should revolve towards you at full speed. Pass the compound lightly across the face of the buffing pad. To ensure that the compound is evenly spread, hold a clean piece of scrap metal against the face of the buffing pad. This will eliminate lumps of compound from occuring.
- If desired, heat the item to 65°C using an oven or a heater. Warming the metal keeps the compound on the buffing pad. A cool item will draw compound from the pad and leave deposits. Use a glove to handle the warm item.
- Hold the metal lightly against the buffing pad. Allow the compound to do the work.
- If more compound is required, apply it using a wiping motion. Do not overload the buffing pad.