OSMO Decking Oil Thermowood 010 2.5lt (Online Only)
Natural oil based protective finish for exterior wood that does not peel, crack, flake or blister.
Microporous, breathable finish allowing the wood to breath and reduces the risk of swelling and shrinkage.
Water-repellent, extremely weather and UV resistant.
Easy to apply as well as renew, no sanding or primer necessary.
When dry, the finish is safe for humans, animals and plants and is suitable for children’s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm).
24m²/L with one coat
2 coats, or one colour coat plus top coat of Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil 430
Bare wood species with a high content of natural wood extractives need to weather off (min. 4 weeks) before the initial treatment.
Resinous wood, such as Larch or Douglas Fir, needs to weather off for at least 6 weeks to improve absorbency. Pressure impregnated wood and tropical species like Massaranduba, Bangkirai, Garapa, Iroko need to weather off for at least 3 months. Cedar requires a 3 month weathering period to improve absorbency.
Greyed and weathered wood can be refreshed with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel before applying Osmo Decking Oils. Avoid using jet / power washers to clean the surface as they can significantly affect the coverage of Osmo Decking Oils. Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
Osmo Decking-Oil is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use.
Thoroughly clean or lightly sand old microporous stains or completely remove old varnishes before application. If any sanding works are carried out some fresh wood species must be weathered as directed above to improve absorbency once more. Sanding to finishing grades of no more than a P120 grit are recommended. Always wear a dust mask when sanding.
If possible, and if the wood is absorbent, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of application
Use stiff brush or a lint free cloth and apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood surface along wood grain.
Allow for good ventilation while drying. Lower temperatures and higher humidity levels will delay drying.
Once dry apply the second coat – also thinly.
If a less intensive colour is desired, the second coat should be carried out with clear Anti-Slip Decking Oil 430.
Generally the more rich and dark the colour chosen, the higher the level of UV protection offered.
Avoid applying clear Anti-Slip Decking Oil 430 as a stand alone finish as this offers limited UV protection.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing. Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
RECOMMENDED AFTER WEATHERING PERIOD
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. Depending on wood species, new or freshly sanded wood requires up to 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content. Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel can be used to refresh the colour of the wood. If necessary and before application, de-grease the dried surface with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser), always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 2 – 4 weeks exposure.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Douglas Fir: 6 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is also recommended.
- Larch: 6 weeks exposure. Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Cedar: 12 weeks exposure.
- Iroko: 12 weeks exposure.
- Mahogany: 12 weeks exposure.
- Teak: 12 weeks exposure.
- Tropical Walnut: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Merbau: 12 weeks exposure.
- Ipe: 6-8 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine: 12 weeks exposure.
- Garapa: 12 weeks exposure. 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
- Balau: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Bangkirai: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 12 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
This product is only available online and carries a delivery period of up to 10 days. We shall endeavour to deliver orders to you within the specified delivery period, but any such time frame shall be an estimate only
We cannot always guarantee availability and will inform you as soon as possible if any products are not available