Briwax Shellac Sanding Sealer
Briwax Shellac Sanding Sealer is the most traditional of all sanding sealers on the world market and is produced using natural materials derived from sustainable sources. It is ideal for sealing the pores of wood.
Briwax Shellac Sanding Sealer is a high quality sealer produced using natural & traditional materials used since the middle of the 19th century. A fine quality natural sealer blended from bleached waxy grade shellac and metallic soaps. It has a medium wax content with the sealing properties being provided by the metallic soap.
Briwax Sanding Sealer provides a good base which gives a high build and a more resilient finish to French polish or wax. Briwax Sanding Sealer is a 4lb cut of high quality shellac and is excellent for filling the pores of whatever you apply it to. Some might say it is a poor man's French Polish. It is excellent as a base for French polishing or Waxing untreated wood.
Briwax Shellac Sanding Sealer can be diluted with denatured alcohol.
Briwax Shellac Sanding Sealer is used by master finishers to body up prior to French Polishing. It also provides a superb base under Briwax waxes to produce a higher shine.Directions:
Shake very well before use. Apply to a clean, dry and dust free surface. Fill, if required, with a Wood Filler. Apply with brush or cloth. Clean brushes in denatured alcohol.
- Method Of Application : Polishers Fad, Brush or Conventional Spray.
- Coverage : 10 sq/m per litre.
- Drying Time (TOUCH) : 10-15 minute.
- RECOAT : 30 minutes to 1hour.
- Shelf Life : 12 months unopened.
- Flash Point : Below 21 degrees centigrade.
- Thinners : Thinners 1000/Methylated Spirit*.
- Finish : Matt
- V.O.C. Levels : 636gms/litre.
- H.S.D.S No. : 1013.
- The Methylated Spirit may DISCOLOUR the Sanding Sealer if used as a Thinner.
We Also Recommend
Swanson Aluminium Speed Square, Metric, 250mm c/w Blue Book
Toolcraft T-Track, Aluminium, 1200mm