TSO Products, Bench Dogs, DoubleGroove™, Ø-20mm, Stubby, 2 Pack
TSO now brings you their new DoubleGroove™ Stubby Bench Dog. These are low profile dogs specifically designed to clear your Track saw.
The TSO DoubleGroove™ Tall Dogs, Dog Rail Clips and M8 SpeedKnobs™ are a popular means of positioning and securing your guide rail to a 20mm worktop.
While the Tall DoubleGroove™ Dogs afford the maximum level of adjustability in the thickness of material you can slide underneath the guide rail and cut, there is one trade off: the Tall DoubleGroove™ Dogs can interfere with the motor housing on the Festool TS55 and TS75 as they are moved along the guide rail.
If you have a large enough 20mm table and don't tend to utilise the full length of your table when making cuts, you may never encounter this limitation. But for those using a standard Festool MFT/3 or smaller 20mm work surface, the low profile of the DoubleGroove™ Stubby Dogs means you can now cut along the full length of your guide rail.
DoubleGroove™ Stubby Dogs are recommended for cutting materials of 25.4mm thick or less. Utilise them in conjunction with Dog Rail Clips and MS SpeedKnobs™ to position and secure your guide rail for cutting. For thicker materials, we recommend the TSO Products DoubleGroove™ Tall Bench Dogs. .
It really comes down to the material you most frequently work with, and the overall size of your 20mm worktop. If you have the luxury of a large 20mm worktop and don't often utilise the full length of the table, the TSO DoubleGroove™ Tall Bench Dogs afford maximum flexibility in the thickness of workpiece you can cut. If you are using a Festool MFT/3 or smaller 20mm worktop, frequently need to utilise it's full length for cuts, and typically work with sheet goods that are 25.4mm thick and under, DoubleGroove™Stubby Dogs let you cut along the full length of guide rail. The difference between the Tall Dog and Stubby Dog is 40mm less in body height.
TSO Products have really reinvented the modern 20mm bench dog and, in the process, addressed some common frustrations. Having dealt with their fair share of ill-fitting or "stuck" dogs, they designed their dogs with twin grooves that run along the collar. While it may not seem like much, these double grooves make it much easier to remove the dog once it has been installed. Sharing the same careful attention to detail that has set TSO Products Precision Tools apart, small but important design elements—like the tiny undercut beneath the collar that guarantees a perfect 90º transition, even if the holes in your work surface aren't perfectly devoid of tear-out, or slight chamfers along the touchable surfaces—result in a tool that's comfortable, accurate and a pleasure to use.
DoubleGroove™ Stubby Dogs measure 30mm above the collar, and 18mm below the collar. This makes them the perfect size for securing your guide rail, when used in combination with Dog Rail Clips. To accommodate clamping, an included M8 x 1.25 threaded hole at the bottom of each dog accepts the TSO M8 SpeedKnobs™, FESTOOL® M8 knobs from the clamping elements kit, or any other similar off-the-shelf M8x1.25 threaded knob.
All DoubleGroove™ Dogs are made in the USA from 6061-T6 aluminium on high-precision CNC machining centres and are clear anodised for maximum durability. Sold in pairs.
The DoubleGroove™ Dog family includes a variety of sizes: Small (ideal for most general use applications), Medium (for use with the PTR-18 Precision Triangle)or thicker work surfaces), Large (for use with the MTR-18 Precision System Triangle), Tall (for use in conjunction with UJK Dog Rail Clips to secure your guide rail to your worktop), and Stubby, the shorter height dogs designed to be used in conjunction with Dog Rail Clips, while being short enough to fit under your track saw motor housing while plunge cutting.
Additionally, specialised "Close Fit" versions of the TSO Products Small Bench Dogs and Tall Bench Dogs are available for those who want a tighter fit in 20mm worktops made with precision tools (e.g. CNC router systems or the Parf Guide System).
- Low Profile Design: Short enough to clear the TS55 or TS75 track saw motor housing when plunge cutting materials one inch (25.4mm) and under.
- Easier to Use: Twin grooves running along the collar make DoubleGroove™ Bench Dogs easier to remove than other dogs on the market; no more stuck bench dogs!
- A Perfect Fit: Precision machined to exacting tolerances, with a diameter of 19.9mm to strike the perfect balance between solid, secure mounting and ease of insertion/removal.
- Ideal for Custom Worktops: If you've made your own perforated worktop based on the 20 x 96mm standard and aren't quite sure if your tolerances are perfect, you'll likely find DoubleGroove™ Bench Dogs to be a better choice. Their twin collar grooves will make it easier to remove bench dogs that might become "too snug," and a swept undercut along the collar means DoubleGroove™ Dogs will mount completely flush even if your holes have tear-out.
- Clampable: Each Stubby DoubleGroove™ Bench Dog includes an M8 x1.25 threaded hole, perfect for use with TSO SpeedKnobs™ to secure the dogs inside your 20mm perforated worktop. (If you already have the knobs from Festool's 488030 Clamping Elements, those will work too, but you'll find that the TSO SpeedKnobs™ to be much faster and easier to thread.)
We Also Recommend
TSO Products, GRS-16™ Guide Rail Square, for Festool, Makita & Triton Tracks
TSO Products, GRS-16PE Guide Rail Square, Parallel Edge, for Festool, Makita & Triton Tracks