OSMO | Polyx®-Oil, 3011, Original, High Solid, Clear, Gloss, 375ml
Osmo Polyx®-Oil is a general purpose Hardwax-Oil wood finish that is derived from natural vegetable oils and waxes. Resistant to water, dirt, beer, wine, cola and saliva, Osmo Polyx-Oil is microporous and molecularly bonds with the wood, meaning it does not crack, flake, peel or blister.
Our new advanced formula of Polyx-Oil has been specially engineered in Germany to be the first Hardwax-Oil available on the North American market that can be easily applied with a brush or roller, with no buffing necessary!
Can be spot-repaired and/or restored/renewed with no sanding required, therefore wood never needs complete sanding and refinishing again.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. Osmo Top Oil is ready to use and does not require thinning. Stir well before use.
- Apply the worktop oil thinly along the wood grain using an Osmo Easy Pads, Osmo Soft Tip Brush or clean, lint-free cloth
- Work the oil into the surface of the wood grain
- Remove any excess surface oil with a clean, lint-free cloth
- Allow to dry appropriately with good ventilation
- Lightly denib the surface if required taking care to remove all dust that this may create
- Apply a thin second coat as above
The grain of the wood is enhanced once this product has been applied and if the final finish is not shiny enough, buffing it with a cloth will create a sheen. Because the natural oils and waxes penetrate deep into the surface they help to keep the wood supple thus preventing it from getting dry and brittle, therefore reducing swelling and shrinkage.